Ultimate Guide: How to Write a Rhetorical Analysis Essay
A rhetorical analysis essay is a type of writing aimed to determine how the creator of an analyzed work supports their idea, thoughts and arguments. The main goal is to examine and present the persuasive techniques used by the author. You can also write whether the author succeeded in reaching their goals or not.
This type of essay should be clear and concise, grammatically correct, and written in the present tense. Remember that your ideas should be presented coherently.
GET READY WITH YOUR RHETORICAL ANALYSIS ESSAY
Writing a good rhetorical analysis essay is no different than dealing with other written assignments. You need to keep in mind the aim of your paper, writing techniques and strategy, structure, grammar, and spelling. Rhetorical analysis essay is ‘writing about writing’. You need to analyze how the author convinced the reader, what techniques they used to support their arguments, what their target audience was and whether the author achieved their goal.
Now get ready to write a rhetorical analysis essay:
- Determine the situation described in the analyzed text
- Find out who an author/speaker/writer is
- Determine the goals of the analyzed work
- Find out who the author’s target audience is
- Analyze the subject of the original text
- Examine the ways the author’s intentions are achieved
HOW TO START
The best way to start writing your paper is to analyze similar papers of other authors. This is a great way to grasp the idea of how to structure your essay and determine the goals of writing rhetorical analysis essay. At our service you can find sample essays to get inspired.
Another thing that you should do is to identify SOAPSTone. SOAPSTone stands for:
- S – speaker (the writer or the narrator)
- O – occasion (determine the situation the text was written for)
- A – audience (the target audience the text was written for)
- P – purpose (what the author aims to achieve)
- S – subject (the topic of the text)
- Tone – (the author’s attitude to the subject)
Remember that dealing with this type of essay is all about answering the questions how and why. How did an author …? Why did an author..? Why is this stylistic device used? How is this language used?
FOLLOW THE STRATEGY
It is truly important to be strategic and structure your work. You need to determine your winning strategy and grab the reader’s attention. To do so you need to think your work through. Gather all the needed information, plan the outline, choose your writing style, think about your analysis and make it convincing. You should also remember about the language you use. Be scrupulous about choosing the words to express your ideas. As you determine your target audience, use the language that will best appeal to the audience you have chosen. This is one of the keys to success.
HOW ARISTOTLE CAN HELP YOU WRITE AN ESSAY
There are three terms created by Aristotle you need to keep in mind. These three persuasive techniques will help you appeal to the reader and grab their attention:
- Ethos appeals to ethics. We need to convince the reader in the writer’s credibility. In other words, we aim to convince the audience why we can rely on the author’s stand on the theme.
- Pathos appeals to emotions. The author knows how to trigger particular emotions. You, in turn, should also appeal to your audience’s feelings.
- Logos appeal to logical thinking. Provide facts and logical arguments to convince the reader.
If it is still a bit difficult to deal with all the theory, feel free to contact our professional writers. Rely on our authors who know a thing or two about writing excellent papers. Plus, you can also turn to our editors for help who can proofread your essays.
CREATE A TOP-NOTCH OUTLINE
Your structure should consist of:
A good introductory paragraph sets the style, tone, goals of the whole work. Provide your thesis statement and tell what your paper is going to be about. Also include rhetorical techniques you are going to use.
- Main Body
In the main body you need to provide the evidence and support your arguments. Be concise. Remember to keep your audience’s attention and use ethos, pathos and logos strategies.
A good conclusion should summarize your paper. Rephrase your main points and thesis. Plus, it will be a good idea to end your essay with a related question, a call-to-action or other conclusion techniques.
RHETORICAL ANALYSIS ESSAY: AWESOME WRITING TIPS
- argue with the author’s opinion
- include new information in your conclusion
- start your concluding paragraph with ‘In conclusion’
- hand in your paper without revision and proofreading
- read your paper twice
- check your essay for grammar and spelling mistakes
- structure your work
- utilize creative writing techniques
WHERE TO GET PROFESSIONAL HELP WITH RHETORICAL ANALYSIS ESSAY
You can get yourself out of the trouble and ask our professionals for help. Our custom writing service is a leading expert in academic papers. We provide top-notch papers fast. Our online service is a perfect place to order an essay from professionals. Here you can find writers who know all the peculiarities of crafting rhetorical analysis essay. Your paper will be written by the most talented authors.