Essay Editing is a Hall mark of Quality Writing
Essay Editing Helps Students Identify Various Errors and Inconsistancies in the Writing
Essay writing is an integral part of high school and college students’ lives. Essays improve their skills of researching, writing as well as knowledge on the subject. As a result, all tutors make use of this mode of assignment writing and assign essays to students on a regular basis. In order to ensure a high quality essay which is not only well written but well finished, students should edit their essays. Therefore, essay editing is something which should not be avoided or neglected within the writing process.
Types of editing
Regardless of whether the essay is written for general class work, GCSE work, A level coursework or university coursework, editing is an important part of submitting a well written essays. Editing work is done on two areas which are, content and technique.
Content editing ensures following in an essay:
1. Essay’s thesis statement in the essay introduction and the content supplied in the body of the essay are congruent.
2. The essay structure is correct and content presentation has a smooth and logical flow.
3. All sources used as evidence are cited in the proper manner.
4. No gaps are existing in the information provided.
Technique editing will ensure the following:
1. Will help the student to correct all grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes.
2. Will ensure that the word limit or page count is adhered to.
3. That the sentence structure is correct and precise.
Basic Editing Tips
Any type of essay from a business essay to a Spanish essay requires editing. Essay editing will be an easy task if proper methods are applied. There is no one set method of editing. Below is a suggested editing method for an essay paper.
1. Read over the essay carefully. It is recommended that the student print out the essay before making any corrections. It will be easier to make amendments if it is on paper.
2. Using a colored pen go over the essay one more time and check for spelling mistakes. Once this is done, use another color and go over the essay again for grammar mistakes. The same is done for punctuation errors using a different color every time.
3. Read each paragraph in the body of the essay which supports the thesis statement. Add more details if necessary or take away any unnecessary information.
4. Take breaks between corrections. This is important as when looking at the same paper will make the student’s concentration wonder.
5. Ensure that no points have been repeated.
6. Adhere to the word limit and edit the essay accordingly.
If you find it hard to do your own editing, enlist help of an essay editor. Pay4Homework.com is a writing service which offers editing services among its various writing assistance services. They will ensure that the essay is edited by professional editors who are well experienced in the task of editing. If you required any other writing assistance, such as dissertation writing or coursework writing, their pool of writers are by far the industry specialists.