Writing a book review essay always causes lots of problems: what to start with, which information to include, how to organize the data, and so on. In this article, we would like to answer all these questions by giving an outline for writing a book review for college.
- Begin with a summary. It’s a good idea to start with some sentences about the book contents to make the readers acquainted with it. Don’t use the details or some improper parts of the book, for example, many students like to talk about the most important parts of the plot, which appear just in the middle. Remain logical, it’s essential.
- Describe what you liked about the book. Focus on the impression the book had on you and try to reveal it while writing. Some questions mentioned below will help you in this:
- Which character did you like the most? Give reasons.
- Do the characters seem real or not?
- Which part of the book do you consider the most exciting?
- Which scenes you think are good or bad ones?
- What general impression did you have after reading?
- Did the plot grip you?
- Mention everything you don’t like about the book. While writing book reviews for middle school students you should not only include good things, but also some bad ones to show that you think about the plot or its message. For example, what can you tell about the ending of the book – have you imagined it this way? Or how do you find the characters – are there enough descriptions of them?
- Summarize. When I write my book review, I prefer to make such a summary at the end that the reader could realize if this book does for him or not. That is a good idea, which you can also make use of.
- Give a rating. Many professional custom book reviews have marks and ratings from 1 to 10. So, what prevents you from doing the same? Use your imagination!
We hope that our help writing a book review was useful and timely! Follow foregoing pieces of advice and your teacher will give you the highest grade! These tips have worked for custom book reviews and so they will assist you!